Friday, January 11, 2013

Archive: Day Eight, PM


Foolish, narrow escape. I got so enraptured scouting that basic provisioning slipped my mind. By the barest thread of chance, neither the Cars nor the Guns fully understand the needs of the human body, and both have been distracted vying with the other. When I arrived, the grocery was unguarded, and wide open. Within, it was hardly touched--perhaps I am alone. With only the cash registers impotently squawking taunts at me, I grabbed what I needed, and headed back for the doors. The parking lot was suddenly full of Cars. Had I been seen? Was I being watched? Was it simply bad timing? It must have been, for the back exit was unguarded, and I saw no patrols as I climbed through backyards to get away. Close. Too close. No more laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment